Coconut oil is my favorite deep conditioner for my hair. Most oils just coat your hair providing minimal moisturizing and repair. But not coconut oil. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft to moisturize from within, repair damaged hair, and protect your hair from future damage from hair products & heat.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Moisturizes your hair and scalp
- Is anti-fungal and gets rid of dandruff
- Penetrates the hair shaft
- Protects your hair from losing protein when washing which results in thicker hair
- Contains vitamin E and lauric acid, both are essential for strong, healthy hair and prevent hair loss
- Contains fatty acids that strengthen your hair resulting in less split ends
- Gives your hair a healthy shine
How to do it:
All it calls for is one tablespoon of or
ganic coconut oil, and one tablespoon of organic raw honey. Just add a bit more of these ingredients for extra damaged or long hair. Mix the ingredients together and as an extra step to help your hair follicles open up, heat the mixture up on a stovetop in a small sauce pan.
The mask can be applied to dry or wet hair, although we’ve found that it’s easier to apply to wet hair. Have a towel around your neck to protect your clothes while applying the mask. Section your hair off and apply generously from top to bottom, focusing on my ends where most damage occurs. Wrap your hair in a bun and let the mask soak in for 30-40 minutes. While you wait for the mask to do its magic, flip through a magazine, read a book, or paint your nails to pamper yourself some more in the meantime. Wash the mask out in the shower using your regular shampoo and conditioner routine and voila! Soft, smooth, healthy hair.
What you’ll need:
1 tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. Organic Raw Honey
Shower Cap (optional)